Search This Blog

Sunday 21 October 2012

Rimmel "Kate" lipstick in 05

Hi people of the internet! Hope your having a lovely October! Mines been a bit crap, i've got flu! Yuckkk. Im in a constant state of not being able to breath through my nose, and chocking on tea! Its rubbish!

Recently I popped into Superdrug to get my trusty Blistex lip saver and found myself drawn to the new Kate Moss Rimmel collection, after seeing it sprout up on blogs all over the place I thought i'd give it a glance. Boy am I glad I did! This lipstick is perfect for me at the moment, it goes with my new darker hair colour and more grungy clothing style. 

The colour is 05, clearly a very creative name there... but its easy to remember and doesn't make you feel like a perv when telling people what its called... (Nars Orgasm comes to mind)

I wore this out to a birthday party last week and I have to say, I was extreamly impressed with its staying power, I was drinking and nibbling things and it just stayed put like Urban Decay eye liner! :D +1 to the Rimmel lipstick then! 

The only downside to this fab product is its smell, I have a nose like a bloodhound (makes being a nurse all the more gross) the smell of this lipstick is plasticy, like cheap lipstick, which it is! But that's what you get with a £4.97 price tag. 



I have to say, the packaging is impressive too, its sleek and neat and looks pretty professional (if a lipstick can be professional :S) Apart from the huge white sticker and bar code, anyone could look at the tube and say it was high end! :D Lets face it, we all want to be proud of a lipstick we take out of our bag and put on while were on the train! 

The colour is a peachy pink with a hint of rose, its matte so it can dry your lips. I like to put some of my trusty Blistex on a few mins before so it can soak in, so when you apply the lipstick it doesn't feel like your lips are going to crack. 

I have to say, for a cheap drug store lipstick im pretty surprised by the staying power and colour, and it helps that you could by at least 2 for the price of one Mac lipstick! :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment